How Often Should I Test My RV Generator?
It’s the last situation you want to find yourself in when you’re in the middle of your RV adventure – you’re out on the road, far from a convenient RV service, and your generator dies. You didn’t see it coming, and now you don’t know what to do. If only you had known about these common RV generator problems, you could be exploring nature and enjoying your trip rather than searching for solutions.
In this post, we’ll discuss some of the most common reasons why your generator breaks down or won’t start up. With this information, you can start looking for “RV generator repair service near me” and choose the best one for your needs.
Here’s Why Your Generator Won’t Start
1) Fuel System Isn’t Working: One of the most common reasons a generator fails is because the fuel system has a leak or flaw. Quest RV performs leaks, water, and sediment checks and makes sure your day tank float switch pump is working well.
2) Low Oil Level In The Engine: If the oil level in your generator’s engine is low, it can cause the engine to seize up and fail. Quest RV experts begin with an evaluation of your electrical systems and then check your oil and coolant levels. We also inspect for any leaks, holes, and connections.
3) Dirty Air Filter: A dirty air filter can also cause your generator to have trouble starting. The air filter helps to keep the engine clean and free of debris. If it is clogged, then the engine won’t be able to run properly.
4) Faulty Controls: A control system can also prevent your generator from starting. It’s important that Quest RV technicians take a look at your voltage regulator, wiring relays, monitors, and bulbs to see if any are causing trouble.
5) Dead Battery: If the battery in your generator is dead, it won’t be able to start the engine. We always make sure the battery is charged and in good working order before using your generator. Quest RV experts check for load, acid, and specific gravity. Also, they get any corrosion cleaned and adjust the charger output if necessary.
6) Clogged Carburetor: A clogged carburetor can also prevent your generator from starting. The carburetor mixes the air and fuel, and if it is clogged, the engine won’t be able to start. We take care of inspecting the air cleaner, turbocharger, muffler, and traps.
7) Loose Connections: Loose electrical connections can also cause your generator to have trouble starting. Quest RV makes sure all of the connections are tight and secure before starting the generator.
8) Generator Is Overheating: If your generator is overheating, it can cause the engine to seize up and fail. Ensure the generator is in a well-ventilated area and not overloaded. Quest RV technicians check for diodes, end bearings, brushes, and folder A.C. wiring, as well as exciter stator, Overspeed switch, and test the breakers.
Searching For “RV Generator Repair Near Me”?
If your generator is still giving you issues, it’s better to leave it to the experts to deal with it. At Quest RV, we are Platinum Generator Service Dealers. Our technicians are highly trained in repairing and maintaining generators to avoid unpleasant surprises during your road trip.
Check your generator in advance before hitting the road. You’ll save yourself a huge hassle. You can check our services or visit our facilities at 368 National Dr. Rockwall, TX. We promise you outstanding service and great results.